Institute Park is an iconic public park which is bounded by Salisbury Street, Park Avenue, Humboldt Avenue and Grove Street in Worcester, MA.
Institute Park has a number of amenities that can be enjoyed by the public. These include:
- Trails: A perimeter pathway and handicapped-accessible elevated walkway over portions of Salisbury Pond to enable park visitors to walk around the park and pond.
- Levenson Concert Stage: A lighted concert shell home to many concerts and events throughout the year.
- Fallen Firefighters Monument: Dedicated to fallen firefighters including the six firefighters who perished in 1999 during the Worcester Cold Storage Fire.
- Tennis Courts: Three tennis courts are adjacent to Salisbury Street near West Street next to the Food Concession Building.
- Athletic Field: O’Connell Athletic Field is located on Grove Street next to the Worcester Firefighters headquarters.
- Restrooms: Public restrooms are located on Salisbury Street near West Street. The restrooms are open when concerts, festivals, and other public events are scheduled in the park.
- Food Concession Building: A facility adjacent to Salisbury Street near West Street. Its purpose is to sell food and drinks during public events in the park.
- Gazebos: Several gazebos, the most recent of which was built on the highest elevation in the park, located opposite West Street.
- Wildlife: A number of species reside within Institute Park. Bird watchers are encouraged to record sightings using Cornell's eBird website.
To reserve use of O'Connell Athletic Field, the tennis courts, the Levenson concert stage, or any of the gazebos, please call the Worcester Parks Division at (508) 799-1190